There are two major concepts which are fundamental in a chiropractors perspective on health and disease, which are:
- The structure and condition of the body influences how it functions and its ability to heal itself.
- The mind-body relationship is essential in maintaining health and in the healing process.
Although chiropractic care shares much with other health professions, its emphasis and application of philosophy distinguishes it from that of modern medicine. Chiropractors believe in a holistic (“total person”) approach to healing by combining elements of the mind, body and spirit and maintains that health depends on obedience to natural laws. When one or more of these systems is impaired, your body ceases to function normally and your resistance to disease is compromised, which can result in illness.
Chiropractic Philosophy Includes
- Significance of patient recuperative abilities rather than surgery
- Consciousness that a relationship exists between lifestyle, environment and health
- Recognizing the cause of illness in order to eliminate it, rather than simply treating symptoms
- Understanding of the centrality of the nervous system and its close relationship with the capacities of the human body
- Weighing the benefits versus the risks of clinical interventions
- Emphasis on the primary importance of monitoring progress closely through proper diagnostic procedures
- Patient-centered, hands-on approach concentrated on influencing function through structure
- focus on early intervention emphasizing timely diagnosis and treatment of conditions that are wholly functional and reversible.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.